Wednesday 14 September 2016

Borrowed Dies

Good morning to all my friends and fellow bloggers, and many thanks for dropping by today. Well we are having some glorious weather again, what we used to call an Indian Summer, but I think it is only due to last a few days.

 A couple of days ago I admired the die that my friend Jenny - Cardsarus - had used on her card that day. She very kindly loaned me the dies and wow!  I have really fallen in love with this Tonic Twisting Veranda Layering die set and I have used it on my card today.  This is definitely at the top of my "must have" list!

My Card




Recipe
White card stock - Hobbycraft
Lilac card stock - Core'dinations
Twisting Veranda dies - Tonic
Maidenhair fern - Sue Wilson
Sentiment stamp - JustRite Birthday Vintage Labels 4
 Purple/White Tone Bloom Set flowers - Wild Orchid Craft
Ribbon - stash
Pearls - The Hobby House

I used the largest die to make an easel card and then just took it fom there.  As you can see I used quite a lot of the eleven dies from the set ... lol!I can't wait to make another card - possibly using fewer dies, but I got carried away!Thank you so much Jenny!!!

Well that's all from me today.  Hope everybody is well and if not I hope you feel better soon.

Take care!



10 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christie,
A beautiful card, I have this die but I'm ashamed to say I haven't used it yet. Maybe later today.
Lydia
X

Stamps and Paper said...

Wow Christine I can see why you fell in love with this die and what a stunning card you have made and embellished
Yes we've just been away for a break making the most of the weather..

Anne

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning design and colours Jenny, beautiful embellishments too, Kate x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
so glad you liked the die set.
You have created such a very stunning card with the die set.
Love you colour choices, and the wonderful and stunning design.
Very pretty and stunning flower arrangement also.
Love and big hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

dutchess said...

Lovely card Christine...it's a really versatile die that one ...a bit of a go too for me when I want men cards.....yours is so pretty in the violet....xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a very beautiful card Christine, your pretty lilac colour choice and lovely flowers have created a gorgeous card. This die has been on my wishlist for some time - hopefully I can get my hands on it at the Birmingham NEC later on in the year.
Lorraine

Babs said...

Your creation surly is stunning Christine, beautiful design and such a pretty colour..

Hugs Babs x

Sandy said...

Oh my! Beautiful - so romantic!!
Sandy xx

Lia said...

Christine, this is absolutely beautiful! I always love easelcards but this one is special because of the shape and colours. Well done! (Since last night the heat has gone, weather is back to 'normal' againand I am glad about that!)
Lia xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Wow! Gorgeous card in yours and my favourite colour.
How lovely of Jenny to lend you these fab dies to make this terrific card.
Best wishes.
Ang x