Wednesday 16 January 2013

Gossiping Bunnies

Hello dear friends

Well fortunately we didn't get any more snow today but we'll just have to wait and see what the rest of the week brings.

Click on image to enlarge picture

This stamp is one  of the very early ones I bought when I first started card making. In those days rubber stamps all came on wooden blocks and took up an awful lot of storage space. One day I spent some considerable time removing them all from the blocks by sticking them in the microwave which loosened the glue and then the rubber peeled away nicely - storage space solved! Unfortunately, I forgot to make a note of the names of the stamps or manufacturers in the initial stages so I now have quite a few stamps with no name. I have since learned!

Anyway it is such a sweet little image of these rabbits gossiping over the wall and hasn't seen ink for years so I decided to give it an outing. It is coloured with Promarkers and diecut with Spellbinders Standard Circles and Lacy Circles. Believe it or not the papers are Christmas papers from Papermania   from years ago - Contemporary Christmas - but they match quite well and don't look the least Christmas-sy.  The Prima flowers, ribbon and pearls have all been in my stash for quite some time. So my card is made entirely from old stock. I made a promise to myself at the end of last year that I would use as much old  stuff as I can. So this is definitely a result. I deliberately omitted a sentiment so that it can be used for any occasion.

Hope you all have a good day and enjoy a little crafting if possible.





17 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. Such a delightful image and I love the papers and layout
Sue xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Oh I love this Christine what a super image, love those colours pinks and greys or browns are always a winner with me great overall card

jacqui x

Unknown said...

Sweet image of the bunnies Christine, love the papers and layout, everything goes together so well.
Unmounting my stamps was one of the best things I ever did, cannot understand why people love the wooden blocks.
Have a lovely crafty week.
Elaine

Sonia said...

Wonderful card^_^Fantastic and sweet image^_^
Love it^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Marie-Louise said...

This is a marvellous card Christine. Such a cute image and beautifully coloured.

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Christine. A very cute image and gorgeous colours.
Lorraine x

janieworkum said...

Prachtige kaart Christine, beeldschone kleuren. Fantastisch
groetjes Janie

Sue said...

I did that with my wooden stamps too Christine so much better that way lol...love this image its so cute, card is lovely. I must have a clear out too I have stash I havent seen for ages lol hugs hun xxx

Patricia said...

Christine, this so sweet a gorgeous image beautifully coloured

Patricia

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - I love the idea of microwaving all me wooden stamps! I giggled when you said about not naming them 'cos you know that would be me! You have made some gorgeous cards already this year! I am really going to have a catch up very soon, but I can't wait for my cupboard to be ready to shove away some of the stash!! The funny thing is, I keep getting ideas for cards so I have to put them in my notebook just in case I forget!

I hope you are well, big crafty hugs to you

Sue Pxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
I really like this cute little stamp, a really pretty card.
I never thought of taking the block off old stamps, good idea.
Michelle(happy2craft)

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, this is such a sweet stamp,love the colours you've used and your layout. I still have a few drawers full of wooden stamps, but don't think I could face the time to take them all off the wooden blocks...good idea though. Except I also now have shelves full of boxes of non wood mounted stamps! We've escaped the snow so far, but are forecast for a heavy fall Friday :( Hugs, Carole Z X

May said...

I adore this image Christine... so cute!! Love all the detail Fabulous card... I love stamping with wood I know they take up more room.. But I love them!!! Hugs May x x x

Shirley-Anne said...

Something about the solid feel of wood in your hand ..I'm sure I'll keep all my wooden stamps and reink them one day ..
Love your card , that image is super .
Shirley-Anne

Hazel said...


Good morning Christine, I love your bunny image, well done you for making a card out of old stash just goes to show its still useable. I have these papers and like you I felt they were unchristmasy but I have used them loads when I have scrapbooked. Hope you have a good day. Hazel

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Goedmorgen Christine
Wat he een prachtige kaart gemaakt mooi de kleuren
Gerrie xx

Lia said...

Hey, this really looks like spring, Christine. Wish it would be so far already! I love the image very much.
As you wrote on my blog today: I agree. I am making a Christmas card every week, not just because of the challenge but also to avoid stress at the end of the year. And ofcourse: it's fun! Thanks for all your lovely comments!
xxx Lia