Wednesday 5 December 2012

Seaside Snowman

Hi! Another Christmas card. This is for a friend of  mine who lives  near the coast at Eastbourne so I think she will find it amusing. I have just  realised that I have omitted to colour the robin on the snowman's hat! Just as well I saw it now before I sent it!


Click on image to enlarge picture.

The Beach Hut stamp and the Christmas Sentiments stamp are both from Little Claire Designs,  coloured with promarkers and  matted onto gold mirri.  The sentiment is stamped in gold ink, although it doesn't look it in the picture. Maybe it is the light reflecting off the mirri.  The design paper and ribbon are both Papermania's Home For Christmas. I've kept it very flat because it is going in the post and I don't want to have to pay even more, especially when there are so many. It never seems quite right when there is no dimension to the card but needs must, I'm afraid.

Well, a very quick post today.  Hope you all have a good day.

Love from Christine xx

I am entering this card into Fab 'n Funky Challenge - Not Traditional Christmas:  HERE
 Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Non Traditional Colours : HERE

16 comments:

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
This is amazing, so different, beautifully coloured. A "Snowman" at the "Beach Huts" what a fantastic idea for someone who lives near the coast. Your friend just has to LOVE this.
Have a Great Day

Patricia xx

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine!Fab card for your friend by the sea! Love it! I think I said on my blog the other day, it's amazing the little details we might have forgotten that we just don't see until we photograph and/or post on our blogs! Carole Z X

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

What a great card Christine we tend to forget that the seaside has snow as well as sun well sometimes sun :)

jacqui x

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card Christine and ideal for your friend and I am sure it will bring a smile to hear face

Anne

Sue said...

This is fabulous Christine. I love that image and your colouring is wonderful.

sue

Unknown said...

I love stamps like this Christine 'cause there's so much to colour, no wonder you nearly missed the robin lol. Your friend will love this card I'm sure.
Here in Aust we get a whole whopping 5c off normal postage for xmas cards.....wow I hear you say!
Elaine

janieworkum said...

Ik vind dit een beeldige kaart Christine
groetjes Janie

Rita said...

Fabulous card Christine. Hugs Rita xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Christine. I love the stamp, it reminds me of Bridlington! Pretty backing papers too.
Lorraine x

Wendy said...

Fabulous Christmas card Christine, love the image.
Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat een grapig kerstkaart
Gerrie xx

Patricia said...

Good Morning Christine,
It is Lace Doily Motifs.
I will pop that on my Blog just in case someone else wants them.

Patricia xx

Sheryl said...

Hi Christine.This is certainly a Christmas card with a different. I love the idea of a snowman by the beach!
Thanks for joining us at INCY WINCY this week. Hope to see you next time around.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Shirley said...

Great card! Love the image! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Sue said...

Hello again Christine, just popping back for another look at your fabulous card so that I can say thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge this week.

Sue

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - back in the land of blogging for a while!!! I do like this card and it made me smile. I love the beach-huts all Christmassy! I think your friend will love it.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx