Saturday 28 May 2016

Christmas Carol For CCC

Good morning to you all.  We have had a couple of reasonable days and yesterday was warm and sunny Yay!!  Will it last is the question?   It's almost June, for goodness sake, so it's about time the sun made up it's mind to stick around!!

As usual I am a day early in posting my card. This week it is Rita's turn to choose the theme for the Christmas Card Club and her choice is to base our card on a Christmas Carol.  Great stuff.

My Card


Recipe
5" x 7" card base made from green card stock in stash
gold linen card - really ancient stash 
image - Christmas tree Collage - Our Daily Bread Designs
Promarkers to colour

Extremely simple and extremely flat!  I livened it up a bit with the gold card.  I also added gold glitter to the star and candles on the tree and after colouring the baubles red I added glossy accents to make them shine.

Well that's all from me today. Hope everybody is well.

Take care.



22 comments:

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A beautiful card. Love it.
Lydia
X

Wendy L said...

This looks lovely Christine, nice and Traditional. xxx

Patricia said...

Christine, that is one absolutely STUNNING card I just LOVE it.
Have a great weekend
Patricia x

cuilliesocks said...

Totally stunning Christine, I love your design and colours, perfect for the challenge, Kate x 😉

cuilliesocks said...

Totally stunning Christine, I love your design and colours, perfect for the challenge, Kate x 😉

Rita said...

Stunning card Christine. One of my favourite carols. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xxx

Lia said...

It's Christmas all the way on this lovely card! Well done Christine!
Lia xx

Kath said...

A lovely image and I like the colours you've used - flat cards are good for postage too!
Kath x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, love the rich colours and fab tree
Lorraine x

rachel said...

a beautiful make as always Christine. Really lovely and so very festive. Hugs rachel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, love this stamp I have it too and it's beautiful. You have added just the right amount of colour to bring it to life and keeping it flat is always a bonus for the postage too.
Lorraine

MaryH said...

This may be my most favorite Christmas carols, as it is so beautiful & inspiring. Love this ODBD image, wonderful coloring on the tree. Love the gold & green...very elegant. TFS & Hugs

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely traditional card Christine....you can't beat tradition

Anne

dutchess said...

I love that stamp Christine so much scope to do your thing with glitter and glossy accents and make a really stunning card xxxx

Mrs A. said...

Not at all flat it is perfectly in tune. Hugs Mrs A.

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
Glorious festive card. Very elegant.
One of my favourite carols too, though I don't attempt that high note lol!
Ang x

scrappymo! said...

This is a stunning card! I LOVE this image...the tree with those gorgeous ornaments and the beautiful script and flourishes...oh my!

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
another really brilliant card.
The design is really super, and your colouring of that tree is perfect.
Love the red baubles as well.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Brawny x said...

Great card Christine. X

Sandy said...

This is what I call an absolutely perfect Christmas Card!! I will gladly toot your horn for this beauty!
Sandy xx

Zoe Tant said...

Wow what a stunner! This is really super for our challenge in every way. Sorry so late commenting. Zx

Carol said...

My favourite Carol Christine...a gorgeous card. Sorry I'm so late commenting...will meet myself coming back soon! Carol x