Friday 18 October 2013

In The Harbour

Good morning friends and fellow bloggers. Thank you for paying me a visit today. I know how busy everybody is so the fact that you take a few minutes out of your day to come calling and leave me a comment is very much appreciated.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

I have had this digi for a while but not used it so I decided it was high time it made an appearance.  Another male card to add to my box for whenever it is needed.  The digi image is "In The Harbour" from Delicious Doodles and coloured with Promarkers. I matted it onto dark blue pearlscent paper. This is a 7 x 5 card made from white card stock and then I added a mat from the LOTV Krafty Christmas Paper Pad. The blue striped paper, which I again matted onto the same dark blue pearlecent paper is from the LOTV Petal Fresh Pad. I bought this hessian stuff last year and it has been stuffed in a drawer and never used - and now this is the second time in a week. I thought it matched the fishing boat theme quite well. The anchor was on one of John's birthday cards at some stage and I cut it off thinking it would come in useful sometime - and that sometime is now.  I originally planned to add a little anchor charm, but when I looked in the box of charms it seems to have disappeared. So annoying.

Well the weather has been really wet and miserable since the weekend. But that means that in a couple of months our main well will be filling up, (it takes around 3 months for the water to permeate the rock etc and raise the water table)  and the surface, rain water,well is certainly filling up nicely! I'm thinking positively Lol!) Yesterday we attended my friend's mum's funeral and fortunately the weather was very cold but dry and sunny.

Hope you are all well.


22 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous Christine. I love the image and gorgeous papers. The hessian and anchor work so well with the design
hugs Sue xx

Patricia said...

Good morning Christine, a stunning card, love that wonderful image.
Coloured beautifully and a great design, perfect man card.
Glad the rain stayed off for the Funeral. The occasion is bad enough without having to contend with the misery of rain.
Rather miserable here today, at least there is positive side of that for you.
Have a good day
Hugs

Patricia xxx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Christine,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Oksana said...

Just lovely Christine. Beautifully coloured and liking the embellishments.x

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love this image Christine, lovely card and love how you've coloured the boats..

Anne

Lia said...

Goodmorning Christine!
I love your card! It's a real male scenery with a nice image and the papers make a perfect match!
Lia xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Christine, what a wonderful card, I love everything about it. It's a fabulous image and coloured so beautifully, the hessian and anchor, just finishes the whole thing off.
I have this image but not got around to it yet, makes a wonderful male card, have a great day, hugs Kate X

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaart
groetjes Janie

Hazel said...

Great mans card Christine, so glad the weather stayed dry for the funeral. Seeing your water supply filling up nicely will be the only good thing about the rain. Hazel xx

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Christine
What a great job you have done with your Promarkers. Your boats are super.
Miserable here today but off to lunch with Nesta in a bit so that will brighten the day.
Ang x

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Prachtige kaart Christine.

Planetsusie said...

HI there Christine - what a great addition to your card box! I thought it was a topper at first, your colouring is gorgeous and I love the anchor - I would have saved it as well - lol! I also like the open weave effect of the hessian strip. Just a lurvely card for a male friend/relative.

Hugs to you both Sue Pxxx

Sue said...

What a gorgeous card Christine! love the anchor and the hessian. I'm in and out of the kitchen hubster fancies a choccy cake! lol lots of huggles take care Sue xxx

Karen Petitt said...

A stunning male card Christine. Your male cards are stunning and using the mesh stuff reminds me of fishing nets, really stunning x

JJ said...

Hi Christine,

What a beautiful card, love the digi print and you have coloured it in so well.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, love this card - great image and layout; really has a lovely harbourside feel, Carole Z X

Carol said...

Another fabulous male card Christine, you made a super job colouring the image. We had very heavy rain here earlier...just as we came out of the supermarket with a huge shop!! Carol x

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful card, in fact I love this one from Terri and have used it many times. Fab image and designing of your card Christine...xx

lydia jordan said...

Hi Christine,
A great card, wonderful colouring, love the finishing touches you have used.
Lydia
X

Craftyhugs said...

Wow Christine !
That harbour is just perfectly coloured and looks so peaceful. Wish I was there lol. Love the background and details
Hugs xx

Peanut said...

It's been wet and miserable here too. If this carries on we might need a boat too! Beautiful image, flawless colouring and perfectly embellished.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

scrappymo! said...

This is such a wonderfully masculine card. The boats remind me of the cobles that used to be on the Coble Landing in Filey. Sadly, the last coble fisherman stopped this year!

Your boats are coloured beautifully and the hessian and that anchor are so perfectly creating a seaside theme.