Wednesday 14 August 2013

Sister

Good morning to you all. I have been busy over the last couple of days helping John outside.  We have some gravel beds which have got rather out of control over the last couple of years and they get quite a few weeds in, even with that black weed control fabric stuff.  I must admit that last year I didn't pay as much attention as I should have done either.  Anyway John decided to take up all the gravel, line the beds with concrete and replace the gravel.  It's amazing how much soil was in there.  Where on earth does it all come from? Whoops, sorry - no pun intended! Anyway, my job was to sieve all the gravel and replace it into the beds.  Pretty back breaking work I can tell you!  I'm not killing myself - I'm doing some, having a break, doing a bit more, having a longer break and so it goes on. Well there are other things to do with your life.  I've had to fit in a bit of blog hopping etc. Lol! His job is much harder than mine obviously because all the grouting on the patios needs redoing too. Well, he likes being busy!! Just as well - I always have a long list of stuff that needs doing!

I have another card which I made this week but cannot show just yet. Instead I am showing the birthday card  I made for my sister last year before I started my blog so it hasn't been shown.

My Card


Click on image to enlarge picture

This an A5 card  which I made from hammered card stock.  The pyramage topper is Kanban and I think the backing card is too, but I wouldn't swear to it.  The silk flowers were from my stash and fastened together with gemstone brads.  I made the sentiment panel removable so that it could be used as a bookmark.  The ribbon and blue pearls were also from my stash.  I still have some of these toppers left and I came across them when I was looking for something else - as you do!- and it reminded me about this card. 

They have been threatening us with rain over the past few days but so far nothing has materialised. And it is still quite warm too. I would like some rain overnight please - if the rain god is listening!

Take care and have a good day.

Love and hugs from Christine xx


22 comments:

Karla said...

Prachtige kaart Christine, mooi plaatje heb je gebruikt.
De brievenbussen in Nederland zijn soms ook rood, maar je ziet ze niet zo veel.

Groetjes Karla

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Very pretty Christine love the colours
jacqui x

Anne said...

Lovely card Christine, I'm sure it was well received. Would you mind sending your hubby our way when he's finished his task at yours, we're needing to do exactly the same!!!

Lia said...

What a gorgeous card you have made! I love the image: never heard of Kanban! I also love the cards below: especially the Christmas is a real beauty!
Gardening over here is also my husbands job. I am just doing the flowerpots and hanging baskets: the rest is up to him. But he likes gardening, so tha't no problem!
Some rain over here as well, and the temps are a lot lower, but that's fine to me.
Have a nice day,
Lia

Unknown said...

You have done a great card Christine lovely topper. I would have told my husband if he wanted the soils sifting where the sieve was that is what the frost through the year is for breaking up the soil. i have to say i have better things to do with my hands! LOL!

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Christine. I love the image and beautiful colours.
hugs Sue xx

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Hallo Christine
Een prachtige kaart
Fijne dag
Groetjes Gerrie

Doreen said...

Beautiful,love the image and fab colours.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Christine, I love this image and still have a couple left in my stash. Love your layout

Anne

Rita said...

Good Morning Christine. I still have some of these images too. Your card is really stunning. Good Luck with the gardening. Hugs Rita xxx

janieworkum said...

Wat een beeldschone kaart, met een prachtige tekst
groetjes Janie

cuilliesocks said...

what a beautiful card Christine, and it makes a stunning card.
Love your flowers.

Don't overdo the gardening bit!! Hugs, Kate x

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine, this is a lovely card, very pretty image and super design..hope the gardening is going well! Carole Z X

Patricia said...

Christine, oh! Christine this is Devine, I love it.
I have a few Kanban images bought when you used to be able to visit and fill a box.
You have made a stunningly beautiful card.
Happy Crafting

Patricia xxx

Sue said...

This is so pretty Christine, sounds like you have had a really busy time I don't think I've got over reading Sue P's blog I needed to reach for the tena's afterwards hahahaha huggles Sue xx

Lorraine said...

Fabulous card Christine. A beautiful image and colours.
Lorraine x

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
a beautiful card. so wonderfully created as usual. I love the colour of it.
Well done with all that back breaking work.
I too would like the Rain God to send us some rain tonight,as it hasn't rained here for 3 weeks, and my water butt is as dry as a dessert. lol. This means spending pennies on water from my tap, and I would far rather buy crafty bits instead of paying the water board for all this water I'm using. lol.
Have a wonderful crafty evening.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Carol said...

Very pretty card Christine, love the soft colours. Carol x

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card Christine. I love the topper and the wonderful collours.

Unknown said...

Brilliant card, love this with it's softness.xx

May said...

Gorgeous card Christine, the image & colours are Stunning... Take care of your backs both of you lots of rest in between...Yikes it does sound like hard work... Hugs May x x x

scrappymo! said...

This is a lovely card and I love the soft dreamy look of that colour. This topper is really pretty!