Thursday 13 December 2012

Another Door Plaque

Good morning friends - on a very cold and frosty morning too! The temperature didn't rise above -2 yesterday and even that was for only a short time. Me no likey this cold weather!! Sorry I have been missing for a few days but I have now done all my Christmas shopping, wrapped most of the presents, put up the tree and added the lights. Today I will actually dress the tree so I might not have anything to post again tomorrow because this is quite a task!!



Click on picture to enlarge image

Well as you can see I have made another door plaque, this time for Charlotte's little brother Sébastien. I hadn't planned to but John said, and he was absolutely right, that Séb would be very hurt if he didn't have his own special door plaque too.

Well you know how awkward it is to make things for men and boys. However, I know his room is painted a very similar shade of blue so I painted the Joanna Sheen MDF plaque with Match Pots emulsion. Last time I was there he had these Lightning McQueen race cars everywhere.  Knowing little boys that could have changed but I thought race cars was a safe bet so I managed to download these images from the internet. I cut the finishing flags from some scraps I found in the bits box. And the coup de grâce was the racing wheels. Initially I just downloaded some pictures but I needed to add a bit of dimension. This is where the 99P Shop came in! I bought quite a large car and broke the wheels off - bingo!!! The name was made up of American Crafts Thickers chipboard alphabet stickers which I have had for years, and have now found a use for them at last.

Well, that's all from me today. Keep warm everybody! Love and hugs from Christine xx

14 comments:

Marie-Louise said...

Christine this is marvellous.

janieworkum said...

Wat een leuke kaart
groetjes Janie

Unknown said...

Oh gosh Christine I got such a laugh about you buying the car and breaking off the wheels - just the sort of thing I would do. Sebastien will love his door plaque I'm sure.

I always feel so exhausted reading about everyone's stressing about getting everything organised for Christmas and feel so glad we don't have to do it!
Have a great rest of the week.
Elaine

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Een leuke kaart he je gemaakt Christine
Gerrie xxx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Brilliant Christine what a great door plaque

jacqui x

Crafty Lark said...

Allowing for a bit of vandalism, lol I have to say what a clever idea. The plaque is brilliant.Our temperatures here are also staying low, I could say there isn't a cloud in the sky but there is no colour also. It is really weird. xx Flora

Sue said...

This is brilliant Christine. Those wheels look fabulous, how clever!!
A very thoughtful and special gift and I am sure that Sebastien will love it too.

Sue

Rita said...

Hi Christine, your plaques are fantastic and I'm sure the children will love them. Like you I have just finished my shopping to-day and now I need to have a wrapping session. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xx

Sonia said...

Wonderfucreation earest Christine^_^
Colorful and joyful,perfect for a little boy^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Craftyhugs said...

This is a gorgeous Plaque hun! You are so talented! I love all the colours. thank you so much for your lovely comments. I truly appreciate it. Hope you have a lovely christmas. xx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous plaque Christine. The cards and wheels look fab.
Lorraine x

Sue said...

This is totally great Christine he will love it huggles hun xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your fabulous door plaque he will love it Christine

Anne

Planetsusie said...

I am so glad you did one for Sebastien as well Christine - men are right some times eh??? This is a great design - just enough without being too fussy for a boy! I had to giggle at the thought of you nipping into the 99p shop for a car to break up! Then had a picture of you with a sledge hammer - oh you just so know what I am like!!!

Big hugs to you and your creativity!

Sue Pxxx