Saturday 22 September 2012

It's A Girl - Or Is It?

Good morning  dear blog friends. Well, I'm back with a card today. No baby on the scene yet,  but first babies are notorious for being  late - as a midwife in my previous life I certainly know that. John now tells me that he may have got it wrong, he's almost sure they are expecting a girl. Flipping men!! Either way, I have one of each ready now.


                                                                             Click on pictures to enlarge images.

Showing the flowers and leaves used.


This is the second tag I made on my pc.



This card is a strange size about 7 inches square, but it looks fine. 6 inch was a bit cramped when I laid it out but there was a lot of space left on the 8 inch so I compromised. Who said things have to be standard? I don't think there are any Card Police out there - unless of course you know different? Lol! The card stock is white and I then layered it with pink leaving just a narrow border. I used the Tied Together embossing folder and layered that to one side, dotting tiny pink pearls into each overlap. I used an LOTV die cut topper which I matted onto pink card.I wrapped white lace and pink and white spotted organza ribbon round, which I tied with a bow, and hung the last of my silver pram charms. I really must get some more because they are really cute. I think they were from the Ribbon Girl, as was the ribbon. I used pink roses and carnations together with tiny white rosebuds in the corners from WOC. The leaves are Spellbinders Foliage. The tag is LOTV and diecut with Spellbinders scalloped circles and matted with a pink scalloped circle the same size.  I also did a second label/tag on the computer and added some mini flowers round the circumference before cutting with the same dies as before. I can then decide which I want to use later. This image is just so sweet isn't it?

Well, have a great day everybody! I'll be back same time again tomorrow, DV! (God Willing.)

Love from Christine xx

                    


Thank you for your visit and all your  lovely comments. I appreciate each and everyone of them.

28 comments:

Jenny L said...

Hi Christine,
such a lovely, pretty, card. I love that tied up embossing folder. It really blends well to most design cards. The recipient will be sooooo pleased with it. You have done exactly what I did when my granddaughter was expecting. I made a blue version and a pink version.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Crafty Lark said...

That is such a beautiful card. Love it. Best wishes for the arrival. xx Flora

Marie-Louise said...

Such a beautiful card Christine. Love that embossing folder. At the minute I am trying to put together a card for twins so I know what you mean by fitting everything on.

Oksana said...

Beautiful Christine! The embossing folder is gorgeous!x

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Christine. I love the cute image, the embossing looks gorgeous and the delicate shade of pink is perfect.
Hugs Sue

Patricia said...

Oh! My! Word Christine your card is Stunning.
This will have pride of place when they receive it no matter which colour they eventually get..............
I am waiting delivery of this folder I have lots of ideas for it.
Have a Great Day

PS remember to send me your Home address

Patricia xx

Christine Harrop said...

Thanks Hazel! I have just checked your profile and didn't see an email address. Could you perhaps send me a quick email (My email address is on my profile) and I will then send you my address? Hope Hazel is okay. Love from Christine x

Cumbrianlass said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous, such delicate colours, the image is adorable and you have used my favourite Tied together embossing folder.
thank you for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge and very good luck
Janet

Unknown said...

Hi Christine, what a gorgeous card, I too am awaiting the arrival of a great nephew in the next few days but it is a boy and we all wanted a pink and fluffy girl, maybe next time. Enjoy Ally Pally and of course Congrats on winning Patricia's Blog Candy.

Wilma

Planetsusie said...

Hi Christine - just had a giggle at your 'flippin' men' remark. Bless him! This is another beautiful card and so delicate - the image really is tooooo cute. Love that pink - such a 'gentle' shade if you know what I mean.

Hugs to you again and congratulations on your blog win!!! Enjoy playing with your prize.

Sue Pxxx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Indeed a gorgeous card. LOve the intricate details. Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Babies n Children” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Gerrie's kaarten said...

Wat een prachtige babykaart heb je gemaakt
Compliment
Groetjes Gerrie

Craftyhugs said...

Awwww I love that gorgeous cute baby! Your flowers are fab and your card is beautiful! Your very good and talented at this! Hugs sharon xxx

Desiree said...

Hi Christine,
Have been dropping in for a while now as am a follower of Linda's Creative Harmony blog. Just realised that I hadn't signed up as follower so have done so now though I don't have my own blog - too busy with a full time job, 8 kids and a brownie pack to run! Love your card - it's a sure keeper!x

Christine Harrop said...

Thank you Desiree. You are so kind. You certainly are one very busy lady that's for sure, so it makes your visit all the more special. Thank you for signing up as a follower. Christine x

Christine Hussey said...

Morning Christine, sorry it's Sunday before I comment but hubby in hospital at the moment and having to make a 60 mile trip each day to see him so doing a bit of juggling at present and regrettably little time for crafting.
I am at a loss to find the right adjective to express how much I adore this card, it is just sooooo gorgeous. Whether the baby is a boy or girl either of your cards will be a beautiful keepsake.
Will visit as much as I can but please excuse me if I am missing.
Have a lovely Sunday, love Christine H xx

carol said...

hi oooh such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFT x caro

Christine Harrop said...

So sorry to hear about your husband Christine. Hope he gets well soon. Could youperhaps let me have your email address when you get a minute? My email address is on my blogger profile! Take care - and take it easy with all that travelling! Christine x

The Gov. said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog.

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Christine,
What a stunning card. The soft delicate pink is delightful and so dreamy especially with the embossed background. It's funny but that is the background I used on the card I was making yesterday. I used Creative Expressions PVA instead of pearls as I didn't have any small enough, so it's not as perfect as yours. Everyday you bring something so special I am having trouble putting together my Top Ten. I'll be starting a Top 100 soon.
Just gorgeous and whatever the sex of the baby, proud parents are going to be extra chuffed when they receive your stunning card.
Hugs Linda x

Vicky said...

A gorgoeus card Christine, so pretty, I love the flower arrangement.

hugs Vicky xxx

Carole Z said...

Hi Christine ! What an absolutely stunning card... I have this stamp too, it's so cute! Carole Z X

Unknown said...

Hi Christine a stunning card love the flowers

lis-m said...

wow1 really pretty... LOVE that embossing folder... who makes it ?
Thanks for joining us this week at Lili's Little Fairies "flower power" challenge this week, good luck!
Hugs x

Christine Harrop said...

Thank you. The folder is Tied Together by Couture Creations - very popular and hard to get I understand. Christine

RoseC said...

Christine, your sweet baby looks wonderful on this fabulous card loaded with soft texture. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "Roses" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for joining craft this week

Anonymous said...

treating liver steatosis treating liver steatosis treating liver steatosis

Feel free to visit my homepage list of foods to eat for fatty liver disease